Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

wheel mouse feature

Status
Not open for further replies.

zqi

Programmer
May 8, 2002
US
Hi,

I am working on a regular form, and try to prevent the user's wheel mouse from scrolling the records. Any suggestion or comments on this?

BTW, i try to do search on this forum today, it seems not working. Any clue about that?

Thanks in advance,

Zhong

If the form is a data entry form.

You could have an invisible field that is required. That way all the fields won't be entered and it wont go to the next record.

After all the data is entered, set a command box up to "continue" or "enter" the data. Put some code in the "on click" to automatically enter a value into the invisible field.

Never tried it, but should work.

I don't have a wheel solution but I do have two comments....

First, why cut the users off at the elbows like this?? I, and many other people, REALLY enjoy the use of the wheel....It is probably one of the greatest advances ever in mouse technology.

Second, I have also experienced the search problem....and other have mentioned it here....seems Tek-Tips is having some technical problems. Please remember to give helpful posts the stars they deserve! This makes the post more visible to others in need! [thumbsup2]

Robert L. Johnson III, A+, Network+, MCP
Access Developer/Programmer
robert.l.johnson.iii@citigroup.com

another solution is to change the form settings so that when you tab through the form, it will stay on the same record, and not move to the next record... i can lookup this property if you'd like...

--James
junior1544@jmjpc.net
Life is change. To deny change is to deny life.

I know what you are referring to and I can supply you with a dll you will need to stop the scrolling. This can also be found in the Microsoft Knowledge base. My e-mail is mkervin@epix.net Life's a journey enjoy the ride...

jazzz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back