Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Whats wrong with MY Connection???

Status
Not open for further replies.

gazal

Programmer
Apr 30, 2003
OM
Hi friends

today afternoon when i was coding, all of sudden when i ran my VB APP on which i am working from pas three months and using the same connection stopped connecting to SQL Server, where as i can connect through an OLE DB Connection string (Which is created by ADODC data control),

Following is the Connection string used by me:

cn.Open "Driver={SQL Server};" & _
"Server=172.16.68.79;" & _
"Address=172.16.68.79,1029;" & _
"Network=DBMSSOCN;" & _
"Database=LTSB;" & _
"Trusted_Connection=yes;"

Error it throws is Sql server not available or Access is denied.

I am surprised so as my users....
Please help its real urgent.........

Regards

Gazal

Have you made any codeing changes to the application or is it compiled and running outside of the environment?

yes

there were many changes made to the code, but its still in the same environment....

Please helpppp

Regards

Gazal

Hey Guys

Just got it working, infact yesterday one of my colleagues has installed IIS on the server for some R & D purpose, so IIS changed the SQL Server's port settings from 1029 to 1032, where as in my connection string i am specifying 1029. i changed the port settings in sql servers Network utility and got it working...

Thanks to all.

Regards

Gazal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back