Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Whats this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bgal

Technical User
Jul 12, 2000
GB
Could someone tell me the purpose of this line of code please?

<META NAME=&quot;MSSmartTagsPreventParsing&quot; content=&quot;TRUE&quot;>

What is an MS Smart tag?

Thanks in advance

Check Microsoft's definition here:

A blurb from the above link says:

Microsoft® Office XP introduces an exciting new technology called smart tags. Smart tags provide users with the ability to associate text and data with actions. For example, if you type the stock ticker symbol MSFT into a Microsoft Word 2002 document or a Microsoft Excel 2002 spreadsheet, and smart tags are enabled, a list of actions will appear, such as viewing a stock quote, company report, or recent news on MSN® MoneyCentral™. Office XP provides several smart tags in the box, but you can develop your own smart tags as well. For example, you can develop smart tags that automate lookups, such as cross-referencing Social Security numbers with case records, city names with local news feeds, or stock keeping units (SKUs) with inventory levels, just to name a few. Later on in this column, I will show you how to develop your own smart tags. But first, let's take a look at which products in the Office XP suite support smart tags, and how you can enable individual smart tags.

Thanks for replying so quickly. I think i read something about this where MS could get part of your site to link to their pages without your permission. I'll go to the links you provided and read up.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back