Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

What's the Ultimate CMS for PHP/mySQL Geeks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Actorial

Programmer
Aug 23, 2006
US
Hi There,

I'm looking into using a CMS for a new website I'm about to build. I've been designing and programming with PHP/mySQL for a good while now. I've done considerable Wordpress alterations and customizations with PHP code, but for this upcoming project I want to use something a little more beefy & flexible.

I would like a nice back-end user interface (WYSIWYG editor?) that won't produce berzerk results when you cut and paste from word docs and whatnot, Wordpress goes ape shit when you do this, and my clients complain a lot about that. So that's fairly important. Also I'll be taking a designers work and creating a CSS stylesheet to mesh with the CMS so that needs to be fairly easy or comparable to Wordpress to accomplish. Finally we need the flexibility to add features later with ease, i.e. shopping cart add-ons, calendars, etc. It would be great to have open source code so I can go in and tweak the PHP code if necessary.

Can you guys give me your suggestions and feedback on your favorite CMS's? I've heard some good things about Drupal, but I'm new to CMS selection, so some feedback from folks with experience in this area would be great!

Thanks in advance for your help,
David

Cool thx. Since there aren't any other replies, does anyone know a good place to check out where features of different CMS's are compared???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back