Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Whats the dom ctrl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ouli

Technical User
Jan 27, 2005
GB
Just wondering what the Dom ctrl heading is when u list a hunt group?.

Dom Ctrl:
Domain Control. This display-only field shows the extension of
the ASAI link over which the domain split is set up.

Is the configuration of adding and deleting these asai links done within the mapd configuration.

The TN801 MAPD (LAN Gateway Interface) is needed to set up ASAI link.

The reason for my query is that I am seeing more than one ASAI Link in a particular hunt and I was wondering how to remove it? as there is no way to do it within the hunt?

Applications using ASAI links will request Domain Control (Event Notification of login/logout events) for a skill. In past, this was limited to one domain control on a skill, recent CM/Definity releases may allow a second domain control on a skill.

If app does not need to monitor hunt, remove the device from the list of devices the app monitors. If Avaya CT, look to the device list, other apps/interfaces may have some sort of .txt file of devices it monitors.

If app needs domain control, leave it alone. It has no impact on call processing, it merely informs apps of login/logout events for the hunt group.

Hey all,

This is kind of in line with this discussion, we have the older Avaya setup where you have one domain controler, (G3R v9). We have a Witness call monitoring system connected to the switch (rather old not sure of witness version), and have a special skill created specifically for witness. When I look at the "list hunt" page in switch administration, I see the extension (cti link extension) in the Dom Ctrl column next to what seems like random hunt groups, but not next to the Witness Skill. We have had some issues with particular agent groups not being monitored and Witness is saying they are not receiving a logon message from those agents, so their database is not processing anything for them.

I hope that was long winded enough...now my question, how does one setup a hunt group to have the Domain Controler view it?

Thanks for the help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back