Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

What's the best way to connect to a call logger? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

amriddle01

Programmer
May 2, 2007
GB
Never touched these before,we are based in UK and I was wondering what the best way to do this is. One of our other Engineers set one up (he is not available now) using Delta server but we keep getting customers complaining about phantom numbers not even on the system making calls (according to the log) it also displays dates from 100 years ago in with correct time entries. So obviously Delta server has it's own issues!! Or is this the only way to go? Using Proteus call logger BTW

You will need the Delta sever software installed to pick up the events from the IP Office in all cases. This is on the Admin disk for your version of IP Office software and you need the SMDR output for call logging software to work.

I have known of people using the delta server output to write there own application or squirt the info into an excel spreadsheet but that makes little sense to me when you can buy someone elses software!

Don't know why you are getting problems with Proteus logging but I have used Tim Professional and Oak AIOffice which I prefer as it works well and Oak's support is pretty good.

Is the date showing 01/01/1899 or similar?

There is a recurring problem in some releases of Delta server where this happens, either use a private release or one that works.

You have to use delta server and olbs is correct in that there is a known issue whereby delta server creates calls that have a date of 1899.

There are fixes out there for this, contact your distributor.

ACE - Avaya Certified Expert
ACI - Avaya Certified Instructor

1899 is the exact problem we have!! What form does the fix come in? I ask as the site is a good 5hrs away from us and we only have Dialin access to that particular site! Or what level of delta server is not affected? Thanks

DeltaServer 5.2.16 solved our problems with the 1899 date on several sites.
You can find it on the AdminCD\CBC\Deltaserver directory of the admin CD from 4.0.10 or 3.2.59

Upload it to the site it's only about 8Mb. Then upgrade the previous version of the deltaserver.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back