Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

What's the best Remote Access Software 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

mmyers

MIS
Aug 8, 2001
US
Hello! I am a manager of a small Help Desk (4 people) that oversees 150 PC's over a WAN (Frame Relay). What is the best Remote Access software for the money? I would like something that is pretty responsive and easy to deploy to the remote PCs.

I have looked at PC Anywhere, but that is pretty costly and seems pretty sluggish during testing. I have also looked at Remote Administrator, but haven't heard much about it although it seems faster than PC Anywhere. Remote Administrator is also cheaper.

Is there other software that I should be looking at? Isn't there something that doesn't require software to be loaded onto the remote PCs? We want basic Help Desk functions: Bring up their screen on ours, take control, file transfer, etc.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

I vote for NetOp Remote Control!
It is the quickest, most secure and versatile product I have seen. And it is not expensive compared to what you get.

GUS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back