Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

What's the BEST portable wire label printer under $200 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Option81

Technical User
Dec 3, 2002
US
Need to get 5 wire label printers and I have a budget of $1000 so need them to be around $200 each.

Just curious, what's the best wire label printer if money's no object?

Thanks!!

We still use the Panduit LS7 todo all our labeling. They do a really good job and hold up fairly well.

Hell, there are no rules here - we're trying to accomplish something.
Thomas A. Edison

For the best response to a question, read thread690-1323977

I use the Thomas & Betts EXL-100. I've seen it sold under the name Rhino Labeler in some magazines. Same unit, different color. The Thomas and Betts one is for wrap around wires and a good old Ptouch for other odd jobs like face plates, device identification...

We have a RhinoPRO 5000 we purchased last summer and does a pretty nice job all around. I've used it mostly for cables and barcodes to label our backup tapes.

Seen it for about ~$130.

Thomas and Betts is the same as the RhinoPro but with a diffent color ! Rhino is the bright yellow one while the T&B is the blue one. I agree, I always use the T&B one for wires and a regular Brother P-Touch for device/face plates.

I have the RhinoPRO 5000 and love it. I got it from buy.com for $85.

I have to agree the Rhino Pro 5000 is one of the better labelers I have used. I especially like the hot keys, for like patch panels, cable wrap etc. It saves alot of how many spaces do I need to line up label with the patch cable scenarios

While the Rhino Pro 5000 looks like a great value it lacks the two things I look for in a label printer.

1. QWERTY keyboard.

2. Self laminating labels.

I can't think of a under $200 printer that has both of these features.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back