Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

What's required for Agent Login

Status
Not open for further replies.

PBXJay

Technical User
Jan 4, 2002
US
Hi.
Is EAS required before you can enable AGENT LOGIN? It appears that way in the manual but I just wanted to confirm it.

Also, if you have EAS can you have a mixed or regular static stations and use agent login at the same time?
Thaks in advanced

--Snow sucks
Jay

You can assign BCMS Agent ID's to your call center agents WITHOUT EAS. The only purpose the Agent ID provides is BCMS reporting, but it is possible.

You can definitely use agent logins without EAS. You just go to ch sys f, I think it's page 8 or 9 toward the bottom. You turn on agent id's and specify the length. If you turn it on, I'm pretty sure that all your agents must use logins.

Hope this helps,

Cathy

The difference between EAS & Non-EAS is that you get the free seating environment in EAS. In Non-EAS, the extensions are to be defined to the hunt groups & the agent can login only from the extension which is defined in the hunt group.

;-)

Definity,

Just to clarify:
For Non EAS -the extensions are still fixed to a specific port?

I am ultimatly looking for a way to have per diem folks share equipment without doing bridged ext and so forth and still be counted by the BCMSvu software.

Thanks for all the input so far[bigsmile]

Agent login id's is exactly what you want. You have a group of stations whose extensions are members of the hunt group. Program the AD button for login to dial the login code and the hunt group number (ex 11401). To log in the rep presses the AD button and enters their code. When login id's are enabled, BCMSVu tracks the id's regardless of the extenion the agent uses. So if you have a desk that has an AM & a PM rep, or an agent that needs to swap desks mid-day, their stats will be correctly reported.

Hope this helps,

Cathy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back