Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

What's happening!

Status
Not open for further replies.

nigelf999

Programmer
Apr 26, 2004
GB
Hi

I seem to be having a problem with my PC whereby the mouse seems to do what it likes at various times - shots around the screen, brings up the start menu and 'right-click' menus etc I have ran a virus scan on my machine and it comes back with nothing, although I suspect that it may be caused by something in the registry (is this possible).

I presume that this is a virus but could anyone give me some advice on this please!

I am running under Windows 98

Thanks

silly question, but have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the mouse / drivers?

Believe it or not I actually re-formatted my c: drive & reinstalled windows!!

Have you tried a different mouse? I had a client with the exact problem you are describing. After hours of troubleshooting, I swapped out the mouse and voila!

Hope this helps you.

Help! I've fallen and I can't reach my beer.
cheers.gif

You don't have tightvnc, or pc anywhere or some other similar program installed. If so someone may be controlling your computer remotely.

If it's a portable, the battery may be very low. It needs to be recharged.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back