Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

What's going on here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
This is associated with another post I made here &quot;User Defined Filtered Lookup Thingy&quot;. What is happening is this:<br>
<br>
When the tables are updated in our database, something get's screwy. We can no longer use our filtered lookup. Well, we can't use it on any machine other then mine. It gives us an error, and throws the user in the module that does the lookup. <br>
<br>
I can get the database working again, but only if I (this is the interesting part) Start MS ACCESS, create a new database, and import EVERYTHING form the other database... then low and behold the darn thing works. I looked to see if maybe there was some file on my computer causing this, the only thing I could think of would be some kind of inf file or something, but I can't find anything. Any Ideas?<br>
Thank you so much :)<br>
<p>John Vogel<br><a href=mailto:john@computerwiz.net>john@computerwiz.net</a><br><a href=If you are interested in working on a very worthwhile Christian web project, please email me at<br>
volunteers@theocities.com<br>
-===================================================-<br>
-==============

How are you updating your underlying tables and where are you filtering your records from. If you are filtering them from a form, are you refreshing your form after updating?

Thans for the responce. I found the problem. It was an Activex that somehow creeps into the database from my computer. I am not sure HOW it kept getting into the db, but I just deleted the activex control, and everything is working again. <br>
<br>
<br>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back