Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

What's Fair?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 9, 2001
US
Hello,
I was just wondering if anybody else had an opinion on this?
What do the rest of the seasoned techs on this form think is a fair salary for a tech with 15 years experience. A lot with Nortel. Not a lot with circuit setup but some both PRI and straight T1. Voice Mail but needs some experience with CCR area. Installs are a strong area. Lots of experience with paging install and programming. This is in the Southern California area.
Any input would be great.
Thanks,
Dmac,

my company northeast region nextiraone"union shop" 20 to 25 tech level II
here is a tech break down with salarys "per hour" these are for both pbx/succesion and norstar/bcm

tech I starts 17 to 23
tech II starts 25 to 28
tech III starts 29 to 32
tech IV same seniority list as tech III but about 2 to 4 bucks more an hour

ski season has started

in between 1 an 2 ...the real issue is will he/she fit in your company and will he/she be willing to learn ...thats why i would say 20 to 25 an hour ...now thats union wage...what is going rate in you area/what is your hour rate to customer...can they just go out and do the job or are you going to hold hands ...not to sound like a prick but i started out as cable puller 17 years ago "worked for a nortel sub for a year and a small interconnect for another" at 7 an hour now top tech III and i had to prove every level promotion ...so i would start low and if non union increase as they prove there worth and increase for leadership quailitys...increase for ability to smooze the customer and kick back a % of any major upgrades/parts they sell to customer..or maybe the person would rather have time off instead of money.. i say think outside the corp box
......nuff said

ski season has started

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back