Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

What's a real server to pull keyword suggestions from?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cgilover

Programmer
Oct 8, 2004
US
I am trying to write a script that parses content from a REAL server which has search results. I tried using but you can't search pluralized words (such as scripts or women).

Anyone know of another HUGE place that does something similar to this where you input a string and it tells you how many times it was searched? I need something that allows plurals AND singulars.

And don't lead me to another script someone wrote, I want to know the real server that offers the results. Does Google or Yahoo! have anything like this?

I guess you are looking at something similar to wordtracker then, which collects results from the meta engines ( Dogpile and such like)

The main SEs do not make their search data available in general. Google do make search data available to AdWords users but you need to sign up to a AdWords account first (you don't actually need to activate the campaign though). Yahoo data is available from Overture (which they own)

Have a look through High Rankings Keyword Research Forum there may be something you can use.

Chris.

Indifference will be the downfall of mankind, but who cares?
A website that proves the cobblers kids adage.
Nightclub counting systems

So long, and thanks for all the fish.

I looked through their site and am very unimpressed by their "beliefs" on SEO in general.

Actually I'm not looking for a keyword suggestion tool but instead a tool that displays how often that word was searched. I've used word tracker but that's what I'm wondering about. Where are THEY getting their information from? They are getting both suggestions and numbered searches.

Wordtracker's data comes from InfoSpace's meta search engines (webcrawler, metacrawler and dogpile) and then make some assumptions that the same words/phrases used there will be used at the majors SEs.

Chris.

Indifference will be the downfall of mankind, but who cares?
A website that proves the cobblers kids adage.
Nightclub counting systems

So long, and thanks for all the fish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back