Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

What's a good webcam software? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

adammaneu

Technical User
Jan 19, 2003
GB
I want to fix my mother up with a web cam and software so that she can keep in touch with me "face to face" when I move away in a few weeks.
Can anyone recommend a basic, simple, absolutely no frills software, preferably that we can set up for completely private one-to-one communication? MS Net Meeting and other programmes that I've looked are not only complicated but also assume that you want to talk with the entire world!
Thanks.

Hmm Netmeeting you can configure for one to one comms easily - it's also pretty simple to use...

Maybe so. But I'm looking for something where only the two parties are involved. Like a telephone. I don't want there even to be the possibility to connect with anyone else. Surely someone somewhere must make such a software?

Adam,

I too use Webcams to keep in contact with mine and the wifes parents. We use Yahoo Messenger. It is free, only people you invite can see your cam, and it has instant messaging and voice also.

I am sure there are others, but this one does all I need it to, and it's free.

I agree with mjinks61. Yahoo is the safe way to go. There is also an audio option. So you can see her and talk to her with voice as long as you both have speakers and mice.

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back