Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

what's a good HD for a ELITE ECS K7S5A PRO

Status
Not open for further replies.

bilmo2005

Technical User
Mar 1, 2005
US
A friend of mine gave me this motherboard. it has an AMD cpu installed. I don't know which one.

I assume the HD should be an IDE, as this is not a brand new or even late model motherboard. But, I'm not sure.

That's why I'm asking :)

Thanks!

Bill

Yes, just buy an IDE drive. It will definitely support up to 128GB drive, may be larger. If you want to install a larger drive and bios does not recognise it, bios upgrade from elite's site - (doesn't mention larger drive support in description - but may have been introduced in prior version not shown on that page).

The ECS K7S5A has been around for some years now (at least 3 if not 4 years) but the pro is one of the later variants.
As wolluf says, it uses a standard, common all garden, 3.5 inch IDE hard drive, ATA33/66/100 or 133, obviously AMD Athlon/Duron CPU's so ATA100/133 drives would be more suitable as anything older would slow the platform down.
Something between 20 and 120gig would be fine.

Martin

We like members to GIVE and not just TAKE.
Participate and help others.

much thanks, wolluf and paparazi!

yes, I have my eye on a western digital 80GIG IDE HD at newegg for $60.00

I appreciate the replies, y'all.

I'll be Bach :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back