Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Whatever is happening to Veritas Support?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 13, 1999
MT
Hi!

I thought of posting this on this forum in the hope of getting some feedback re Veritas On-line Support which over these past months has been erratic and lately has deteriorated for the worse.

Over a week ago I had reported a problem via e-mail. I didn't dare phone them as last time I had phoned I was put in a queue and made to wait for 2-3 hours!!
No reply has been received which in my opinion is shameful on their part. They had reported that their current turnaround was 3-4 business days but by the looks of it it's probably going to be 3-4 weeks!!

Has anyone been experiencing problems with their support lately?

Same problem here. It's been almost a week for me. Maybe I'm wrong; but I think it sucks that you have to pay for support for their product and last time I called in, I didn't get a call back for 4-5 hours. That is totally ridiculous. At the very least, if I'm paying per call, I would expect better service than that.

I have an email in with Veritas support that is now over a week old, no response whatsoever. HOWEVER, after just 3 days of posting on this forum and working with Justin2000 and SQLBill, my problem is solved!!!

Here's to techies sticking together!

Try calling Microsoft...I think Veritas $89 dollars is the cheapest for any support around. Most of the problems on these forums are easily resolved thru the backup exec support site...but I admit that it needs to be imporved. As far as support I called in last week and it took longer to open the case. I got support in 5 min @ 3:00 in the afternoon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back