Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

What your mouse

Status
Not open for further replies.

kuekue

Programmer
Dec 2, 2008
TH
What is mouse that you use for Photoshop

i want new mouse for smooth move.

If you want to enhance your control with Photoshop, get a tablet.

For normal Photoshop processing I agree with andrew.

I find a logitech mouse quite sufficient and the longer you use it the more comfortable it becomes. Blow up areas of your pictures and work on small portions at a time helps when using a mouse.

In my estimation the tablet is better (easier to manipulate) for drawing etc but I haven't used mine in years.

I would get a good mouse and stick with it, it will eventually act like an extension of your hand.

good luck

sam

Thanks, everyone i interest logitech too.

tablet i think more expensive it overbalance and out of one's power.

Thanks.

I have no experience with this particular tablet but the idea that tablets are expensive is a bit off. Wacom is the 'brand name' in tablets so they charge extra - but there are plenty of tablet manufacturers and you can shop around for good deals.

Shopping around for a mouse is pretty easy. Logitech makes good mice and bad mice. Don't fall into the name brand game. It is the configuring of the mouse options that most folks have trouble with (or do not even realize is possible).

Tablets are not expensive if you don't choose a "pro" model. I have use a lot of them and Wacom are the best in my opinion. Even the simplest one is much better that a mouse, but you have to be accustomed to work with.

oh, i have some question mouse on tablets it works??

against with 'mouse for game'

tablets low cost it work??

I never use but i defer to you.

hahaha when i search for tablets i see it have many cost 'low - expensive'

Thanks every one,

Maybe you should try to find a computer store that has an inexpensive tablet setup in the store and ask if you can try it, maybe with Microsoft paint.

I purchased an inexpensive 10 inch tablet for $39 about 5 years ago and it didn't work nearly as well as the expensive large models.

good luck

sam

let me come back.
1. I've tried inexpensive tablet and was not satisfied at all. If you work on a single screen, I found even a small 5x6" Wacom is usefull. And it is not expensive (under $70). Not necessary to have the extra feature (direct access command and menu,...) used for professional work.
2. Trying one in a shop is not really a good idea as you have to accustomized with this special device.
3. Not only you will have the pen in "absolute" mode, but most tablets have also a cordless mouse in "relative" (usual) mode. And you keep your old mouse in use, there is no conflict.

Trying one in a shop is not really a good idea as you have to accustomized with this special device.

Very true, I agree, the key being it does take time to get used to the pen and tablet, as it also does with the mouse with many PShop actions.

My only point was it seems that kuekue has never even tried a tablet and it couldn't hurt to at least try one before purchase as long as kuekue realizes there is a learning curve.

sam

I' say any decent resolution laser mouse is pretty fine.
surprisingly in my case old microsoft standard optical mouse seem to be the best choice.
I have bought a few much dearer mices and they are just sitting on the shelf and laughing at me while I am using old optical one...

Anchor Text [/url ]

I use a Logitech G3 Laser mouse.

It has a button that lets you change sensitivity on the fly so that if you wan't to slow it down and make it very precise you just click the button.

Comes in handy some times.

I have another trick, I have a screw eye with a S hook hanging from it on my desk, from below the monitor stand. My mouse cord goes through the hook which swings freely so the the mouse moves with no resistance from the cord. It's as good as a wireless mouse without the hassles.

I also have a tablet but use it seldom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back