Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

What tools including Code Generators do you use?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DigitalBuilder

Programmer
Apr 7, 2005
NZ
What tools including Code Generators do you use?

There are many free and commercial tools out there to write PHP code.
ZEND, the makers of PHP, have ZEND Studio which offers an integrated development environment for PHP applications.

Generally, any TEXT editor will do. Syntax highlighting is a great plus and many free tools offer that. Emacs?

As for 'Code Generator" - I read all the posts you entered into this forum and all speak about code genrators. I f I understand correctly, you refer to something that puts together prefab code to easily build applications.
AFAIK only Macromedia Dreamweaver allows such a thing. The resulting code is at best atrocious.
It appears to me that professional PHP developers use classes (prebuilt functional units based on the object model) to build applications. Hand coding is IMHO far superior to any generated code.

The PEAR library, sourceforge.net and other repositories offer a lot of great classes (buildingblocks) to write almost any application you can think of.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back