Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

What to purchase for mass report sending?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HaraldBuesching

Programmer
Sep 12, 2001
BE
Hello folks!

We are considering to purchase CE for mass report sending for our sales reps (>100 persons).
I got a price list from Crystal Decision, where the price for Crystal Enterprise Broadcasting Licence was a bit high.
It was so high, that doing a lot programming might be option for us. Do you have advices?

Does CE have the following functionality: To group on the Sales Reps and to send each Sales Reps only his concerning
report.

We are using SAP - BW 3, I wrote a VB-programm which does this for the resulting Excelsheets. We would be interested in a program which is able to communicate with SAP - BW 3 and has EMailsending functionalities, so we are considering CE.

Any comment is welcome,
Harald.

This seems to have been a questionable issue from Crystal. I found a really good site that addresses this. Apparently if there is a little human interaction you dont need the broadcasting license. Also I believe the newest news is that broadcasting comes with CR 9 Advanced. Since you can get this for around $2000 it is much better than the $100,000 broadcasting license. Check this site out for more info.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back