Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

What stops a microphone working? 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

OfficeAnimal

Technical User
Jun 4, 2009
AU
I have Intel Core i5-3470 CPU @ 3.20GHz, 8,0GB RAM, Intel HD Graphics
MS Windows 7 Home Premium v. 6.1 64-bit SP1
RealTek High Definintion Audio on Motherboard
I have Windows Defender as Anti-virus, with Skype and Memeo Backup Premium Pro running in the background.

I have just done a Clean Re-install of the operating system. All went well and the result is very satisfying apart from the fact that my microphone isn't recording. I have checked it with Skype Echo Sound Test and I don't get any sound IN. Sound out - Media Player works fine.

Is there something I haven't switched on?
Thanks

"Truth will sooner come out from error than from confusion."
Francis Bacon (1561-1626)

When you installed a clean windows install did you install the actual drivers for the devices? or did you let windows install the default drivers it thought you should have? I would say to go to the manufacturers web site and get the latest drivers, for your motherboard, or machine model.

Thanks everyone.
Between the webpage, getting new drivers, and connecting/disconnecting in device manager I seem to have things behaving themselves.
Great Team Effort!
Thanks again [thanks]

"Truth will sooner come out from error than from confusion."
Francis Bacon (1561-1626)

I got the same problem but i`d refresh all drivers/installed it again and some registry files were missing during the drivers installations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back