Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

What should I ask Seagate about Crystal Enterprise for Baan?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveBell

Technical User
Mar 23, 2001
US
We're a Baan ERP shop, and we're interested in

Crystal Enterprise for Baan

I have a video-conference scheduled with Seagate later this week to get a demo and go over pricing and technical issues. What questions should I ask? Steve Bell

A five user developer licence is free with version 8.5 of Crystal Reports, additional concurrent viewers are priced at £2500 and I think come as a minimum of five.

This seems to be the only way to provide report viewing facilities to users.

SteveBell,

I suggest that you quiz Crystal on the EXACT spec. of Enterprise for Baan - make sure that the first release of CE supports your existing or planned reporting requirements (there are to be a number of releases of CE throughout the year with additional functionality)

There are 2 versions of CE so watch out for that as well. The version Robin refers to as bundled with Crystal Report 8.5 is only the Standard version and has some serious limitations e.g. can only run on 1 machine, only 2 user accounts allowed, no NT logins etc.

You should think of acquiring the Professional version and this doesn;t come cheap! There is a Starter pack which will give you 10 users (named) plus some other items and kicks in at just over 10,600 USD (about 7,500 GBP) and add ons cost approx $400 (300 GBP) a time. These are prices for the non Baan specific product and I know that there is a larger minimum (25 users) and a larger price for the Baan specific version but you may find that if you are already using the Baan driver with CR this will continue to work under CE - not guwaranteed as CE dosn;t support metalayers yet ans this is how Crystal have implemented Baan IV and V previously.

We;ve been working alonside Baan here in the UK for some time now and would be happy to give you any further advice or assitance you need - just drop me a line David C. Monks
david.monks@chase-international.com
Accredited Crystal Decisions Enterprise Partner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back