Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

What sets work on what

Status
Not open for further replies.

econotel

Vendor
Feb 23, 2007
US
Have a client witha Partner 2 with only 206 module no PROC card and using Partner 6's ( no display ). Can I use Partner 6's with or without displays and only use a 308EC with no PROC card. Will I get caller ID will I get date and time?

Which sets can be used without a PROC card?

Let me take a stab at a few of the questions.

I believe Caller ID will work with a Partner II Rev 3.1 or higher.

The 308EC will only work with the Partner ACS R2 and above.

Given the age of the components in that phone system, the customer might want to consider upgrading to a Partner ACS.

Hum, seems those links no longer work... If you need those sheets drop an Email address you need them sent to and Ill get them sent out.

I dont believe you can get a display with only a 206 and I dont think 206e where stand alone

best would be to update to a acs 6

it will give you the CID , display and much more

So for example the 206e will only suppirt non display sets and the same for a 308 expansion module?

Do I understand that only using the ACS will provde a display?

The 308EC module cannot be used with anything other than the Partner ACS R2->7.

a acs 6 will give you a 3x 8 system that will support display and give you CID along with other features .

as Dexman pointed out the 308 expansion is just that a expansion , it expands a acs it cant b used as a standalone like the 206

if you add a 2 or 5 slot carrier to a acs you can use your existing 206 , you just wont get CID on the lines connected to the 206

As Skip and I pointed out earlier on, if the customer wishes to have Caller ID service, it would probably be in their best interest to simply upgrade them to a Partner ACS R6.

Replace the carrier, processor and expansion modules with the current hardware and they will be set for a long time to come. [smile]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back