Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

what service is webmail using?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dfgu

IS-IT--Management
Oct 25, 2001
US
I'm using webmail right now in exchange 5.5, and for some reason, the service stops after a day, and I have to restart my exchange server. What service is webmail using? so I can set a rule for it to restart on it's own everytime the service fails.

Thanks.

If you are talking about Outlook Web Access (OWA), it runs on IIS.

do i have to reset iis? or is there somethign else i can do? because iis is running fine..

It is too detailed for me to describe, but many times the service will appear to be running in Services, but there is a component (such as Active Server Pages) that is having problems.

Before you start messing around and possibly making things worse, I suggest you check the archives here on OWA troubleshooting. Also check on support.microsoft.com. There are several configuration issues that need to be checked.

Finally, you should make sure all your software is up to date. First, visit windowsupdate.microsoft.com and update all critical components. Then, visit Microsoft.com/download and install the Baseline Security Analyzer. Run it on the server. It will likely show you a bunch of issues that also need to be addressed. Most are security related, but some of the patches it will look for are important for enhanced reliability.

Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back