Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

What scripting language can be used to upload files in lotus notes

Status
Not open for further replies.

porkymin

Programmer
Dec 26, 2004
SG
Hi all,

I am trying to write a script in lotus notes so as to enable users to upload files into a share folder in the server. What kind of scripting language must I use? Is it possible for users to upload files using lotus notes? Any kind help is greatly appreciated.

Regards,
porkymin

What exactly is it you want to do ? Offer a file-storage area for Internet users ?
In that case, I would simply put a Notes db online on a Domino server that is running the HTTP task. Allow the users to create a document in which they can attach files, and then they can save the document, which "uploads" it to the server.
By browsing the db, they can also retrieve the documents they have saved.
Domino is not really good for storing files in folders on disk, at least in my opinion. Of course, you could probably put some JavaScript that would do it, but I think the db is a much quicker and safer choice.

Pascal.

Hi pmonett,

I would to use JavaScript to do the file uploading. Are there any sample source codes that i can understand on how to go about doing it? Yes, i am trying to offer a file-storage area for corporate users to upload files from their local drive to a share drive on the server. By the way, i am using Lotus notes client version 6.0.3. I need your guidance as I m new to programming.

porkymin

Right.
You do not need Javascript or anything to upload files.
You do need a form that contains at least a RichText field. Just allow browser users to create documents based on the form, Notes will give them the possibility to attach files to the RichText field. They can save the document to the database, and thus the file will be uploaded.
Of course, you will need to add a few other data fields in order to sort the documents correctly in the views, so that the users can find them back when they need them.

Pascal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back