Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

What problems with HP Laserjet 1100?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danny

Programmer
Jun 14, 1999
IT
Hi,
I've read about problems with HPLaserjet 1100.
I'm beginning install Citrix to a customer with some printers HPLaserjet 1100.
Anyone can preview what problems I'll have?

Thanks of all.

Danny.

The bad news is that the HP1100 has a bit of a reputation for crashing Terminal/Citrix servers.

The good news is, there is a beta driver on HPs site at
The best driver to alias it to in your wtsuprn.inf file is the LaserJet4 or 4L, although I know people who use 5L or 6L - but you _might_ lose the ability to print A3.

Disable all bi-directional stuff, and the awful port monitor - pjlmon.dll. This can be done using the HPDJ Toolbox hpw5cfg.exe

Hope this helps

Thank you, CitrixEngineer. :)
The beta driver fixes problems with Citrix/TS ?
If yes, I haven't to alias with another printer, isn't it?

Also: I can't find hpw5cfg.exe. What I have to download ?(some tools about deskjet?)

I have an 1100 running on MF1.8 and have had no problems. I'm at home, but I think I just used the std 1100 HP driver. I know I didn't use any of the other software that comes with the 1100.

I do know I had been worried about the installation. I hope you have good fortune also.

I must admit that I've shied away from these printer drivers - polymath5, did you just install the driver onto the Terminal Server? Or did you just install it on your client and find that MetaFrame automatically dealt with it?Let us in on how you got this printer to work!

I have it on good faith that the driver at the link I provided is the most reliable one, but I normally edit the wtsuprn.inf file and add the line HP LaserJet 1100 = HP LaserJet 4L.

Hope this helps - and good luck!

I installed the HP driver on the TS. The printer itself is connected via a JetDirect hanging off our PDC. Fortunatly, I have never had any problem with it at all. (breathing a sigh of relief!)

BTW: I find your contributions to these forums extremely helpful. Thank you!

I use the HP Laserjet 1100 (MS) driver with TS Win2k and Metaframe, and it works just fine. This is the one that comes with 2000. I've been running it for over 6 months, not a single crash. Good luck.

I am using the laserjet4 driver, seems to work for me. GL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back