Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

What POS setup for a basic Coffee Shop?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dowxp

Technical User
Apr 3, 2008
US
Hi,

What would be the best basic POS for a coffee shop? I don't mind DIY'ing a computer and ELO touchscreen monitor, but the software is a big issue. I've looked at microsoft POS, quickbooks, etc, etc .. but they all don't really convince me. Everyone here talks about aloha .. is it worth the price?

I do not need inventory, labor management, or reporting (not a big deal). just a simple menu POS with CC\RFID capabilities.

This being said, can I just DIY a computer with aloha? if so, where can i just buy aloha, and are there any RFID readers that will work with it?

Thanks,

Shawn

Hi Shawn,
This post is a little old, don't know if you have solved it. There are quite a few options out there for low cost or even FREE software that will meet your needs. Here are a couple to start with:

(Affordable)
(FREE)

Both run on most hardware, Microsoft infrastructre, and offer hardware if needed. If you need more information let me know.

Jason Johnson
J2 Retail Systems

ah thanks!

i ended up writing one in vb ... not pretty, but it works. i'll give this one a shot.

The Micros E7 system might be something to look at, especially if your DIY vb program doesn't work out. In 2010, the credit card rules are going to change and your credit card processor may not accept your vb program.

like says rahbster , the best solution could be Micros E7 , it's simple to Administrate but if you can find some app Free , That it's a Great Solution LOL.

AnyWay, Micros e7 can manage your Items, Printers, Touchscreen , You can too use Barcode if you whant,very important if you whant manage Retails products likes Coups,or Sometimes Stuff.

Grettings,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back