Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

What ports to open to allow oubound VPN auth. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Digole

MIS
Sep 10, 2002
US
My company is conducting an audit. The audit agents need to work temporarily from our office and they need to authenticate to their home office via VPN. They are using Check Point VPN-1 SecuRemote clients Ver 4.1.

I'm totally unfamiliar with this product, and I am in need of assistance. What ports do I need to punch on our firewall to allow these agents to communicate with their home office?

The helpdesk of the company who the audit agents work for are clueless, and the agents themselves are just bean-counters who are barely computer conpetent.

Anyone got any clue?

What firewall are you using? I'm investigating the same thing.

Hi..

I'm pretty sure that SecuRemote uses some weird and wonderful UDP ports for authentication-although I'm not sure exactly which ones. However I do know that we had big problems getting SecuRemote working at all when it was behind another firewall that was doing address translation-In fact we couldn't get it to work at all!!

Anyway-I think you may find some useful info on
There's a lot of FAQ on there which may be of assistance!
Chris Vickers
moss2001@hotmail.com

Try letting these ports out:
TCP Port 256: earlier versions os securemote
TCP Port 259: client auth via telnet
TCP Port 264: used securemote later versions
UDP Port 500: for IP sec
Good Luck! and let us know if you resolved the issue!

it is udp 50
udp 51
udp 500

Check it. P.Nagaraj
nagarajpandu@yahoo.com CCSA, CCSE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back