Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

what performance can i expect from fast600 turbo?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kat115

Programmer
Feb 6, 2004
FR
Hi,
I have a fastt600 turbo connected to one server p630 (direct attached). My lUN is made of 10 disks in RAID 10 mode.
I think (from storage manager performance tool) that I'm getting poor IO and read/write performance :
read/write on controllers : 11mb/sec
io/sec : 4
I saw this perfomance while trying to copy a 1GB file in a filesystem.
Anyone know if there is something wrong?
Any documentation that explain how to tune this storage ?
I'm running aix 5.2 ML03

thanks a lot

Hi
I set up my cache clock size to 4k (it had been set up to 16k earlier ) and it's now a bit better
(oracle block size is set to 8k)
fragment size is still 64k
other parameters are default
I have to RAID10 ARRAY of 10 disks and one of 5 disks.
I builded my ARRAY as raid1 and it was automatically putted in raid10 mode.
please help!
thanx a lot

Hi Kat115

It would take along time to assist with your question....

Have a look over the following document that should assist with your FastT600 Turbo Tuning question.

For Large Size CAD work segment size should be greater than 128K....for DB should be 8-16k.....

Look at this document it should provide some help.

Best regards

Bernard.
IBM Partner.

you may want to look into a microcode update... we just did one on a fastt600 that multiplied our I/O 10 times... apparently there is a memory leak in the code for teh fastt 600 that this new code resolves..

Dean

Hello,

we are interested in a FastT600, because we have IO-Performance problems with the existing Server (writing about 10 Mb / sec).

Which IO throughput is with FastT600 possible (when writing bigger-Files as Server and Controller-Cache-Memory)?

For examble writing 2 to 4 GB Files on RAID5 with 146 GB disks?
=> 10 MB / sec or more?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back