Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

What patch do i use? 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

mancub

Programmer
Jul 24, 2006
US
I have just downloaded oracle 9.2.0.1 and now i want apply the 9.2.0.8 patch. I went on metalink and pulled down the following patchs. Which one of them do i use,some are bigger than others? Thanks-

Results for Platform : Microsoft Windows XP

Tip Consider Saving the search to make it easy to run again. Save Search

Patch Description Release Updated Size
5548107 RDBMS Server: Patch
PLEASE PROVIDE 920X UPDATED UTLTZUV?.SQL 9.2.0.8 05-JAN-2007 9.8K
5089244 RDBMS Server: Patch
CORE DUMP QKSWCINLINEQBC() RUNNING DBMS_STATS 9.2.0.8 27-NOV-2006 71K
5554054 RDBMS Server: Patch
DEADLOCK BETWEEN THREADS :AQJMSSESSION.REMOVECONSUMER AND AQJMSCONSUMER.DEQUEUE 9.2.0.8 02-NOV-2006 261K
1798853 RDBMS Server: Patch
SPPURGE.SQL DOES NOT RUN IN BATCH MODE 9.2.0.8 10-OCT-2006 8.2K
5505595 Data Mining: Patch
APPSST9208: ODMAPI.JAR CLIENT FILE NEEDED FOR 9.2.0.8 9.2.0.8 06-SEP-2006 478K

These look like patches to fix particular problems - you need the 9.2.0.8 upgrade set which is presumably on metalink somewhere (sorry I don't have access myself).

Alan Bennett said:
I don't mind people who aren't what they seem. I just wish they'd make their mind up.

On Metalink, go to the 'Patches & Updates' Tab and search for RDBMS patch sets for your OS.

The 9.2.0.8 patch set is about 245 Mb and is cumulative (ie it can be applied directly to 9.2.0.1)

As Ken suggests, the patches you've listed look like individual bug fixes which can be applied after the 9.2.0.8 patch set. Best practice is to only install such patches if they address problems that affect you.

Before deciding on the version of Oracle to use, please do some more searching on Metalink for 'known issues' - while each release fixes a host of problems, new bugs are invariably introduced too.

Best of luck !

Steve

I went on metalink and didn't find any patchs under windows xp. But i found some under windows x32 bit Is it okay to use that patch?

I'll say 'should be OK' in answer to that.

I use the same 32-bit Windows install kits and upgrades on Win 2000 (Pro + Server), Win 2003 Server, and XP SP2 without any problems.

If anyone has found XP specific kits, hopefully they will let us know.

Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back