Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

What parameters does one pass into the getPluginInterface() method?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pheynman

Programmer
Mar 12, 2009
US
Hi,

This is a simple question but for some reason I can't find a solution or example of usage of this method and the documentation is not useful. It tells you the type to pass in but I not what the values of your options are.

In CSP, and .NET, you can pass parameters like (examples):
1) Reports.Item(1).PluginInterface("Report")
2) report.PluginInterface("")
3) oReport.GetPluginInterface("") and I think
4) obj.PluginInterface

I read somewhere that the preferred method is to pass an empty string but in Java, you're supposed to pass an object AND a string. I tried the following:

1) getPluginMgr().getPluginInterface("CrystalEnterprise.Reports", "Report");
2) getPluginMgr().getPluginInterface("", "");
3) getPluginMgr().getPluginInterface(null, ""); and
4) getPluginMgr().getPluginInterface("CrystalEnterprise.Reports", IPluginMgr.Category.DESKTOP);

Is there a place where the available plugins are documented? It throws an SDKException:

"The plugin does not exist in the APS "

Thanks.

I had looked there and many other sites and also searched through code.google.com and also some books. I suppose it's not heavily used.

Anyway, this is what I'll try later today when I have the environment:

getPluginMgr().getPluginInterface(CeProgID.REPORT, IPluginMgr.Category.ADMIN);

It's not that much different from what I was doing - those arguments are just strings, the first of which is "CrystalEnterprise.Report" and the second one is "admin" so I guess the typo and the wrong argument in my earlier method wouldn't do - but we'll see.

I'll post a solution if I find one - or affirm if it's this.

Thanks.

This eventually worked but I have a different problem now:

getPluginMgr().getPluginInterface(CeProgID.REPORT, IPluginMgr.Category.DESKTOP);

If anyone's wondering, this method is for the IPluginMgr interface.

Link -
The ProgIDs can be investigated at the SDK site:

and the Categories can be found at:

You can also look for CePropertyID.

And these links may change as SAP moves stuff to their site and their site is a little difficult to navigate.

Thanks, Turk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back