Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

What number am I dialing from? 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

techguru69

IS-IT--Management
Jan 14, 2003
US
Does anyone know what the phone number is to call for the recording that plays back the number you are dialing from. Our Avaya tech used it when he was hunting for a lost analog line, but I didn't get it from him.
I'm not sure if what your area code is matters, since he was using a "555" number. I know it's a big SBC "secret" since SBC won't give it to me.

Anyone know? Thanks!

The number Phonia used also works in Illinois, I would imagine that it works nationwide. Once again the number is:

JdwgTelco,

I notice your question is months old, but for others who may be wondering about the SBC Southern California number, it is 959-1122. I dial it from 213, but it is probably good all over their territory.

Note, if you dial this from a DID inside an office provisoned with a PRI, it will give you the subscribed number, not your DID.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back