Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

What New Manor of Evil if This??? 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

bhujanga

Programmer
Oct 18, 2007
US
So, this is hands down the craziest thing a computer program has done to me to date.
I have a very complicated (lots of command buttons, macros, sheets, complex equations) spreadsheet that is used as a template for specific cases.
It's been working fine for a long time. Suddenly the following thing started happening with a few of the command buttons. When you click them, they run their designated code, but simultaneously the button itself grows in size (hand to God). Every time you click it, it gets bigger. They will get humongous, I think they double each time, so we have exponential growth happening. So, I go into design mode and set them back to their original sizes. I again click on them to see if it's still happening. Well friends, the button now stays the same size, but the text in the button shrinks each time until it is teeny-tiny.
So, my question is: WTF?

I love this.... hostile user interface.
I have no idea how to fix your problem on this, but it's one of the more amusing issues I've seen in a very long time.
Can't wait to see what the solution is...

Best Regards,
Scott
MIET, MASHRAE, CDCP, CDCS, CDCE, CTDC, CTIA, ATS

"Everything should be made as simple as possible, and no simpler."[hammer]

Howdy!

Using an external monitor / second screen perhaps?

Check out this thread:

Hope this helps!

Cheers,
MakeItSo

"Knowledge is power. Information is liberating. Education is the premise of progress, in every society, in every family." (Kofi Annan)
Oppose SOPA, PIPA, ACTA; measures to curb freedom of information under whatever name whatsoever.

MakeItSo, I bet that is the problem. We have several workbooks where I work that do strange/weird things like this. Most people use the default resolution, but there are some who use external monitors as their sole monitor and use custom resolutions. But it's no as bad here as the OP's location. I bet he has one user who has a really off resolution that is using this regularly, and that's causing the issue. For ours, I've seen them get bigger AND I've seen them get smaller. It really is crazy to watch.

Also, in my situation, in those situations with the custom resolutions, the users are duplicating rather than extending the screens, since they do not even use the screen of their laptop/tablet.

Also, I tossed a star your way, bhujanga, for bringing this to light. Especially for the comical way of doing so. [bigsmile]

"But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ." 1 Corinthians 15:57

I want to see a video of this... XD

Just my $.02

"What the captain doesn't realize is that we've secretly replaced his Dilithium Crystals with new Folger's Crystals."

--Greg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back