Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

What Module for PRI

Status
Not open for further replies.

in4ni

IS-IT--Management
Apr 13, 2008
US
I have a Partner ACS R7 and am considering changing from POTS to a PRI. Exactly what module do i need to support about 12 channels from a PRI?

Thank you

None, there is NO PRIMARY ISDN option for the Partner ACS. Avaya only offers DS1 with CAS and is limited to 16 channels with very limited options at that. The Partner architecture never lent itself to support this type of service or expansion. Avaya would have to do major design changes to the Dial Plan in order to fully support those types of service.

To see what Avaya has for the Partner ACS, you can go to their web site: support.avaya.com all document downloads are free.

Hope this helps!

....JIM....

check with the Provider they should be able to break the channels out for you to dial tone that will work just like any other CO line

PRI is a Must for all the DID's I want

Thank you for the reply

What are the "T1" modules i sxee on the market all about.

Thank you

I believe that you can do emulated loop start and ground start and digital did. However the did portion is a bit limited in that you can only have one coverage point. Meaning that you can not expect to ring an operator then have AA cover. The call would go to the operators mailbox instead.

Partner is not exactly fluent in T1.

You can do a lot with a DS1, but the equipment you are using must have the capability to utilize the services! The Partner was not designed for DID service. It is offered currently only in the CAS format DS1 service, and is very limited by the Dial Plan as mentioned previously. You might want to post a description of what you are trying to accomplish, and we can suggest and/or advise some choices. It may be the Partner is not want you want to use.

....JIM....

Yea, Its looking like it my be time to upgrade to IP Office

Thank you guys for all the replies!

T-1 on a Partner can work great. CLEC's provide a service sometimes called 2 way DID. These are emulated E&M trunks for incoming DID and outgoing calls. You can have up to 16 channels & up to 80 DID numbers that can be mapped to any extension, hunt group or calling group. My customers have been very satisfied with the operation and service. Good Luck

43 years in the business and counting.

For PRI (ISDN) service, your options are the Merlin Magix (discontinued but will support existing Partner telephone sets) or the IP Office.

If it ain't broke, I haven't fixed it yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back