Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

What kind of applications use SS7 protocol

Status
Not open for further replies.

bolivar

IS-IT--Management
Dec 11, 2002
TR
Hi, I ve a test pbx system in MD110 and want to learn SS7 protocol. What will be your recommendation about the design to use SS7?
I think i need a tlu76/4 board
Is it an eprom change of tlu76/1 ?
I ve two other pbx s... what can be the commands to make a test system to see the SS7?..
What facilities do this signaling, provide??

Rgrds.

Hi,
Imho, no full support for C7 in MD110, it's PABX. Use ANS or AXE-10. In MD110 realised some kind of MTP trunking. Use Alex to know more details.

SS7 is a carrier grade protocol for communications between network nodes, the only known MD110 network running SS7 is China. Ericsson will not enable the feature on standard MD110, you would need to get a AXE to work with SS7, and unless you are looking a working for a carrier I wouldnt bother.

Well, but if we mean this command group - "Message transfer part data, MT", then this feature is for all, and placed in Basic Exchange part of Alex:

"This document describes the administration of Message Transfer Part (MTP) functions of Signalling System Number 7. An overview description of the MTP is contained in ITU-T Recommendation Q.701".

MTP is a part of C7 signalling: Q.701 - Functional description of the message transfer part (MTP) of Signalling System No. 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back