Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

What is?

Status
Not open for further replies.

thewifey

Instructor
Mar 22, 2004
US
What is the definition of "Atlantic LAN"?

Some days I'm a bug....some days I'm a windshield.

Why it calls Atlantic, iI don't know. But I know, that the Atlantic-LAN is the internal LAN of a Hicom 300 E and a HiPath 4000. Over this LAN works the communication between the processor-boards. It has fixed IP-Adresses in the net 192.0.2.0 . Thera are the SWU A with 192.0.2.1 , the SWU B with 192.0.2.2 , the ADS (ore in Monoprocessorconfiguration also the SWU) whith 192.0.2.3 and the UW7-system whit 192.0.2.5. Also the WAML-board hase a fixed adress, but I don't know exactly (4 or 7).
The Atlantic-LAN is very dangaros to handle. In first hardware versions already the power-saving of a connected LIC in a service-laptop crashed the system. In newer systems it is'nt so heavy but you have to be carefully to. Working on the Atlantic-LAN is like a operation near the heart!
It will be also used to connect some applications. For example the Siemens-ACD-Server is equipped with 2 LIC's. One to the Atlantic-LAN and one to the customer-LAN.

Bye
Niels

Thanks!

Some days I'm a bug....some days I'm a windshield.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back