Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

What is winrpc32.dll??

Status
Not open for further replies.

verland

MIS
Apr 24, 2002
US
Hi
I'm installing some app that bombs when you try to run it. Installed as user and admin, ran as user and admin, nothing works. The error I get is:
someprogram.exe-
Can't find winrpc32.dll

I searched the machine (a W2k Pro RIS load) and could not find that file. Searched a W2K Pro non-ris and couldn't find it. I even looked on a windows 98 machine, no go.

Played around on the web for a bit, I may be wrong but I have a sneaking suspision that this file is not part of Windows at all. Any ideas?

This must be a Dynamic Link Library associated with the appliation you are trying to install. I found a few references to it doing a search on the web. The following is one:

&quot;Install the ADIC/GRAU library for client interface:* On a Windows NT/2000 system, do the following: a. Copy the aci.dll, winrpc32.dll and ezrpc32.dlllibraries to the <OmniBack_home>\bindirectory. (These three libraries are part of the DAS client software shipped with the ADIC/GRAU library. They can be found either on the installation media or in the C:\DAS\AMU\directory&quot;

You could probably call the applicaiton's manufacturer for more info.

Just a thought...:)

Patty

I had called support and they were about as helpful as nothing :} They said my Window$ was shot but it looks more and more like they forgot something. Thanks for the tip, I'll keep diggin. Vern

Hi vernland,

From items I've seen, it appears to be 1 of 2 things: First.
Something with files during inital install (w/Intel) on HP machines - and/or apaptec drivers. Normally located in the system32 folder. This usually refers to servers though. Intel's website does reference this file, and which servers/PCs would show errors.

Second:
By default the winrpc32.dll is not a standard Windows DLL, and most of the time is only installed at time of application installation (ie Winfax, ISOWinFax Client, etc...) - it's possible the application/CD you have is bad, or simply not triggering the proper install path sync. For the application your trying to install, have you attempted to copy all contents to your PC, and run install from there vs CD? It may be worth a try.

Good Luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back