Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

What is this? SN1750 CYGMA... Documentation location?

Status
Not open for further replies.

esoare

Programmer
Jun 15, 2005
US
Hey there NEC forum.
I usually hang out on the Nortel forum, but times are tight, and I have strayed over here, for some info. :)

Customer wants to move a NEC SN1750 CYGMA. It looks like all the cables connect to a 66 Block with Lines/Sets off that one block.

1. I did some googling, but whenever I put in the NEC SN1750 CYGMA, it seemed to come up with the SV8100 info...why?
2. There is another box that is a SV8100 in the same room, but It is for another practice. Is the NEC SN1750 CYGMA stand alone? or is it depending on the SV8100 in the room?
3. Doc's to program over a phone would be great.
4. Any procedure to backup, before powering off? (the unit has a USB with files, inserted into the unit)
5. Software?

Any guidance/caveats I haven't considered, would be appreciated.

17 years in Nortel, and I'm finally doing a different "N" phone system. :)
esoare

Hi

I had never come across this so I did a bit of delving into it and it would appear that it is just an SV8100 and the designation applies to the Chassis type, the Cygma being a 2u chassis. I found this document....

The concern is that the valid cards shown don't include a CPU so check this box has a CPU in it

I also found a reference in the hardware manual....

Before connecting this telephone system to the telephone network, the following information must be
provided to the telephone company:
1. Your telephone number.
2. FCC registration number:
For SV8100 CHS2U-US use SN1750 CYGMA:

All that said, I am just a beginner myself on the 8100 so hopefully someone more knowledgeable can fill in the gaps.

The link Ozzie posted is for the SV-8300 system. Vastly different from the SV-8100 save for most of the hardware. If you know the CPU IP address you can connect using ie, however you will need to know the password and you cannot perform a backup. For that you need a copy of PCPro which is a free download to any authorized NEC dealer. I suggest you contact yours for a copy. It does not require any licensing. I'd also request copies of the manuals. You can also visit for some SV-8100 info. Programming through the phone is actually more cumbersome than using ie or PCPro. You will still need the password to get in.

Whoops missed the reference being to the 8300 in the link, so I guess the chassis is the same for both systems. The question is, which have you got? I also found out this week that with later versions of firmware on the 8100 you can do backups and restores with WebPro!

belevedere : OzzieGeorge :

Thank you for the info! Is there a Programming/Install manual for the VS8100? I don't mind programming with a phone, (Norstar's are what I grew up on) it's just I need a manual for that.

The difficulty in contacting a local dealer in the area, is that I was looking at moving the customer, so, I'm kinda the competition. :)

It would seem kinda odd to do that in person... but to ask on tek-tips.com??? not so odd! lol

thanks for the tek tips!
esoare

Ask the customer to request PCPro and/or a copy of the manuals in your behalf. Since the system is still in production (sort of, it has migrated to the SV-9100) the manuals will not be available at See attached file.

Alright!
Thanks for the info all!
I am heading to the customer site today to get connected (hope's beyond hope's that the user/pass is the defaults) and do a backup of the system.
You have made the other "N" engineer/tech very happy!
Looking to pay it forward if you come to the Nortel forum. :)
esoare

allright!

Good:
I changed IP back to default 192.168.0.10 using the manual
Connected to WebPro. The lower right says. SV8100 V8.0.
Default tech password worked!

Bad:
Couldn't do a backup to USB using the phone. Said "Write Failed" or somethin to that effect. from the phone using admin, I did 90-03-01 to backup.... no go.. Any ideas?

PcPro is from AU. I'm in the USA. I couldn't use it to connect "Interactively" or otherwise... Do I need a USA version of PC PRO?

That's about it.
I didn't check to see if the 8.0 WebPro allowed for a backup of the system to the PC. Hopefully I can get some kind of backup, before the move on Monday. :)
esoare

I will ask a silly question first, did you change the IP address on your laptop to be in the same subnet as the system?

I know that ver 9 webpro allows a backup, not sure about ver 8.

If you have PCPro then connect with it. Once connected perform a download. After the download save it to your desktop. I do not think WebPro V8.0 allows a back up.

belevedere:

I tried connecting with PCPro, but get an error message. I'll get the error written down next time.

Perhaps I didn't turn a setting on the system to allow the PCPro?

The whole Backup through the USB, should be allowed using the phone 90-03-01 from what I could tell. (I was using the admin account).

fun stuff, learning a new system.
thanks!
esoare

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back