Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

What is this NIC: S/N: 18-BA-P120

Status
Not open for further replies.

IsoG

Programmer
Jul 30, 2002
FI
I got this card on my desk with a note that it wasn't identified by WinXP setup. It's a 10/100 NIC that has P/N mentioned in the subject (18-BA-P120). It also says on the surface "Made in Taiwan" ;). There's no mention about any manufacturer or model number. The card has 3 MX-titled chips on board and something that says Pulse. A boot rom socket is present, but no ROM is inserted.

As cheap as NICs have gotten, it's not worth the man-hours to devote to the card. $10 to $20 buys some real good ones. LinkSys 10/100 PCI at WalMart for $19.95 last time I looked. Works fine on my WinXP Pro and 5-port peer-to-peer.

If you get the FCC number from the board we can do a FCC number cross-reference to get the manufacturer.

Also, look (at what usually is) the biggest chip - that should be the controller. You may be able to find a generic driver for that chip from the chip manufacturer's web site. Your mileage may vary...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back