Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

What is the recommended procedure for daily reboot and auto Novell Log

Status
Not open for further replies.

CardinalEngineer

IS-IT--Management
May 7, 2001
US
What is the recommended procedure for daily reboot and auto Novell Login?

I have tried many different approaches to this and none have seemed to be full proof.
I am running 3 Compaq ProLiant DL360 servers with Windows 2000 SP2/Citrix Metaframe 1.8 SR1 SP2 with load balancing.
I have tried to schedule a reboot on the servers every night using 2 batch files to stop the service and reboot, but sometimes the servers will not reboot. They to the screen "It is safe to turn off you computer now". Sometimes they will reboot. I am running 2 batch files
1. stop.bat
CDcd winnt\system32
net.exe stop icabrowser

2. reboot.bat
CDCD winnt\system32
tsshutdn.exe /reboot
Is there a better way to do this? I am going to purchase the Resource kit today. Is sleep.exe a better way to do this?

I am only allowing access through Published applications. When the user logs into the server through the application I need it to map the G: drive to a Novell share. I have 80+ users that need this operation to be performed every time they logon. The solution I am using now was long and drawn out. I logged on as EVERY user and set GSNW to logon as 1 Novell user for all and used the Novell script to map their drive. I have also tried to use a batch file with the net use command.

Please Help.

OK, I figured it out if anyone wants to know.

To auto login to Novell, you have to install the Novell client and modify the registry.
HKLM\Software\Novell\Login
(new key) DefaultLocationProfile REG_SZ Value: Default
(new key) TSClientAutoAdminLogon REG_SZ Value: 1

This registry modification will accept the user ID and password used for the published application.

Hope this helps someone else as much as it helped me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back