Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

What is the maximum number of active reports to run on a single proces

Status
Not open for further replies.

eo

MIS
Apr 3, 2003
Hi

CE10

Single processor lisence

Mainly SQL datasources

What is the maximum number of reports we should be running on a single processsor lisence. We have aprox 1000 'candidates' but they are not all active reports. If I had to take a stab in the dark, I would say thet there are about 500 active reports, of which 250 are very active.

We have looked at buying another CE10 processor license so that we can provide a fail save and some load balancing (as far as I am aware this is indeed possible in CE), but the board have put this on hold due to the huge cost. It does however appear that the system is battling more and more to cope (report completion times increased and the system freezes up more regularly).

The current single server is however brand new and a very high spec.

I am reluctant to ask our providers or BOBJ, because they will inevitably say, 'Yes' another processor license will solve matters, whilst there might be other clever solutions to our problems.

Please advise a desperate CE Administrator

EO
Hertfordshire, England

what kind of reports are we talking about, is it scheduled or on demand, there is a sizing guide on bo site that you can use

They are mostly scheduled crystal reports.
For example between 11:10 and 13:00 91 reports are scheduled recurringly every day. This is the most busy time. Another busy time is between 8:30 and 9:30 every day.

Please advise re the sizing guide and I will go and ivestigate.

EO
Hertfordshire, England

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back