Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

What is the Info in catalog.wci under intelpub

Status
Not open for further replies.

tls9923

Technical User
Aug 7, 2002
US
I have a web server that was setup and they change the default folder from the c: drive to d:. They left the c:\intelpub folder and I need to delete or remove some of the informaion. It has a folder catalog.wci can I delete or archive this information in this folder? It is about 1.52 gig of my 7 total.

Thanks

Terrel

It is the catalog that is created by Index Server. If you want to delete it you will have to stop Index Server before you can delete catalog.wci then reconfigure Index Server to use drive D:

Rob W

I found how to stop the index service but how do I change the index service to use the d: drive?

You cannot change the location for an existing catalog, so you have to delete the existing catalog and create a new one. When you create a catalog Index Server asksk for it's name and location.

Rob W

SO am I guessing the process would be to stop the index service and then move the location of the index file and delete the one on the c: drive and when I restart the indexing service it will ask for the new location?

Not quite. You have to stop the Indexing Service and then delete the catalog from within the Management Console - this will delete the catalog.wci file for you (I'm not sure if it removes the folder too though). Then restart Indexing Service and create a new catalog - at this point Indexing Service will ask you for a name for the catalog and it's location (you specify D:\....)

Rob W

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back