Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

What is the error ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Technical User
Jul 1, 2003
SG
Hi ,

My com have been restarting 1time/dae .. and i tot it was nth ..
but after sometime .. when my com have been restarted .. went into windows .. and it show me that my com have serious error ..

this is what the error is :

BCCode : d3 BCP1 : F8940B97 BCP2 : 000000FF BCP3 : 00000001
BCP4 : 804F7520 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 1_0 Product : 256_1

Error Report Contents

C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini092703-01.dmp
C:\DOCUME~1\ADMINI~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER5.tmp.dir00\sysdata.xml

if anyone could help mi out .. pls help me .
and does this affect the shutting down of com ?

Is the first part of the error that you have written down the complete error? Normally it will give you the name of the file. If so post it here and we should be able to help.

Also checkout the event viewer (Control Panel>Administrative Tools>event viewer) and it should give you a bit more information.

Greg Palmer

----------------------------------------
Any feed back is appreciated.

Source : system error
Type : error
category : (102)
event ID : 1003

Description :
Error code 1000008e, parameter1 c0000005, parameter2 804fd065, parameter3 f1215890, parameter4 00000000.

hmm .. when i go there i saw another log is also an error which is :

Source : DCOM
Type : Error
Category : None
Event ID : 10005
Description :
DCOM got error "The service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or because it has no enabled devices associated with it. " attempting to start the service ImapiService with arguments "-Service" in order to run the server:
{520CCA63-51A5-11D3-9144-00104BA11C5E}

Help Any 1 ~!!!

An explanation of the error:

Your first parameter means:
0xC0000005: STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION
A memory access violation occurred.

Common reasons:

It can be a new device driver, or a driver acting up.
Error code 1000008e = "KERNEL_MODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M" - Most of newsgroup comments about this error point to faulty hardware or drivers. The hardware varies from modems, video cards, USB device to memory or sound cards. Sometimes it proves to be hardware that it is not compatible with Windows XP. Q310740 gives an example of this error occuring when and old Audigy sound card driver is installed.

In addition, issues with your pagefile can be responsible for this. Kelly Theriot recommends:

Use one of the three options.

Right Click the My Computer Icon/Properties/Advanced/
Performance/Settings/Advanced/Change. Set Page File to 0, ok your way out and reboot. Then follow the same procedure and reset the Page File to System Managed File.

Performance/Advanced/Virtual Memory/Change/No Page File. Reboot. Then delete C:\Pagefil.Sys then revert the page file setting.

Performance/Advanced/Virtual Memory/Change. Set the swap file size to zero, reboot. Re-set to System Managed, reboot. Reset the Custom setting, reboot.

"System Has Recovered from a Serious Error" Message Every Restart

Finally, it can be a hard RAM error. Download and run a memory test of your RAM:

hmm .. does that help to solve my prob ..
with the apply 1 of the 3 option solution ..

and if i got 2 hdd .. i just do the same for the no page file izzit ?

It is likely on the C drive, but two the cycle twice. Once for each drive. You do not want to situation where you have no paging file.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back