Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

What is the DOS cmd line to verify all ip address on my network 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

bctaiag

Technical User
Jul 25, 2009
US
What is the simple dos cmd line to use when I want to get all of the ip addresses on my network?

I have a small network of 4 pcs and 3 printers using a Linksys router and Westell modem.

Any help is appreciated.

I don't think there is one. Use Angry IP Scanner---it is free.
/

tim@tim-laptop ~ $ sudo apt-get install windows
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
E: Couldn't find package windows...Thank Goodness!

Burt is correct as far as I can tell, however if you use Angry it sometimes gets frowned upon by network security programs, keep that in mind. Another good one is Soft Perfect Network Scanner it is also free and doesnt seem to upset Symantec (for example.

Just to add my two cents, I found a nice utility that is free but the name of FASTRESOLVER. It will show you all the IP addresses and the MAC addresses and host names after you type in a range of IP addresses that you want scanned. Example:

192.168.1.1 192.168.1.254

You can also bring up a CMD window (I call it DOS window)
and type "arp -a" and it will display all the IP addresses in your arp cache. If you ping a pc, then do the arp -a it should show up there.

papa4

Thanks for mentioning all those apps, folks. I'll have to take a look at those sometime soon, myself.

--

"If to err is human, then I must be some kind of human!" -Me

And thanks to the original poster for asking the question in the first place! [smile]

--

"If to err is human, then I must be some kind of human!" -Me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back