Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

What is the disconnect signalling or frequency on analog line? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hairball1

Technical User
Apr 2, 2003
US
I need to know what the disconnect signaling, voltage or frequency range is from a Nortel option 81c analog telephone line when the call is terminated.
I am working with a vendor who needs this info on our new Time and Attendance system. I am using analog lines for modems. Users can call the numbers to clock in. The problem is the system is holding the ports busy for one minute because it doesn't recognize the disconnect signal once the caller has terminated the call.
Can anyone help me out here?

IT'S A TONE BUT NO REFERENCE TO WHAT FREQ, YOU CAN ALWAYS GET A FREQ METER AND SEE WHAT IT IS. YOU WILL NEED LDTA IN THE CLS, AND 6 SEC IS THE DEFAULT FOR THE TIMER IN LD 15

OLD ROLMEN WORKING ON NORTELS

When you say analogue line, do you mean an extn, a COT or a DDI line. Also, how are you accessing the modem, ie through what software as I would assume people aren't physically dialling the number themselves.

There are four analog telephone lines that I have programmed for use on the system. These lines are used for "staff" access to the time and attendance system. Its really more of an answering device that is interactive with the caller. The callers are not even using a modem. They are just calling a number to clock in.
The lines are analog TNs off of our Nortel 81C. I have them programmed with LDTA in the class of service. The system default LDTT in ld 15 is 6 seconds.
Now I just need to find what frequency the tones are.
I appreciate everyones input and advice.
Thank you.
Harry

nortel makes a analog line card for disconnect supervison that gives you a port instead of 16 i cant remember the part number sorry

As far as I know the only way to get forced disconnect on analog lines is to use the Nortel Intelligent OPS line card, NT1R20. In the FTR you need to add ISP 75 and the Meridian will open the line just like a CO does when the caller hangs up. I have used this card with conference bridges which require this feature and it works well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back