Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

What is the default password for the "portal" db user?

Status
Not open for further replies.

itbnorris

MIS
May 12, 2003
US
Hi all, I'm kinda new to portal and all and just stumbling along...

I need some additional logic added to my portal forms, so I have to call procedures to perform this additional logic. I understand how to call the procedure, but I can't log into my 9iAS database in SQL*Plus to create the procedure!

What is the default password for the portal user? or portal_public? If I change it will it have any affect on anything? Will I have to modify my DADs? I may not be making any sense so please enlighten me!

I can't move on until I can log into SQL*Plus and create a procedure that can be called from my portal application. I have a book that describes how to do most of this but it doesn't tell me much about what user must be logged in... on top of that I don't know the password for the portal user that I think I'm supposed to use. HELP!

I am also new to Oracle Portals, but here's what I know about getting the Portal user password.

Log into the OID Admin program as the orcladmin user. You will need to know this users password to get in. If you don't know where to start the OID Admin program, look in your $ORACLE_HOME/bin for an executable file which starts with "oid".

Once you log in and connect to your OID, drill down the left side through the following list.

Entry Management
- cn=OracleContext
-- cn=Products
--- cn=IAS
---- cn=IAS Infrastructure Databases
----- orclReferenceName=[sid.machine name]
------ OrclResourceName=PORTAL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back