Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

What is the best version for 3.2 and 4.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

KaztarT

Technical User
Oct 5, 2006
TR
I have the same problems again for 4.0.It is not so stable and have alot of bugs like 3.2.(I am using 400 seris not 500 series also have any idea for better solution about this problem)

What is the best sw (that have less bugs and have high stability) 3.2 or 4.0?

Also what is the best version of 3.2???
Whta is the best version of 4.0???

Regards;

Unless you are an Avaya Disty or can get access to trial software via a partner the latest GA releases are all you can use.

3.2(59) and 4.0(10) are the current releases.

We are curretly testing Trial Release 4.0(111105) and seems very stable as we have it in at about 7 sites now. This is the 4.0(11) Maint release scheduled for the 17 Dec 2007, just in time for Christmas. So I would hold of for this one.

Hope this helps

ipo.gif

Yes as you know all the partners have the all older verisons of all softwares like me.

It doesnt mean the latest version at the web site is the best one for Avaya Ip Office .Everybody working with this system know this.

Any ideas plaese?

If you are not expecting to have to use work arounds, which are not in the manual, or available from BP support, go with the first, or sometimes second maint releases.

The guys that expect that part of doing every implementation is to have it fail, then go find for yourself work arounds disagree with me.

I would be wary of 3.2 59 as there are two issues that have had serious implications on site.

1) Call appearance keys locking up, picture of a telephone next to the nutton but unable to do anythin to get that button back.

2) Alog exts do not clear down, make a call, put down handset pick back up, no dial tone.

ACE - Avaya Certified Expert
ACI - Avaya Certified Instructor

My favs are 3.2.55 and 4.0.10. I was very fond of 3.1.65 if you want to travel in the way back machine. But the brokage factor depends on the specific site usage. Some functions and features are plain busted and others are quite good.

3.2.55 is good.
I like 4.0.7 over 4.0.10
4.0.10 has hunt group issues. 4.0.11(1103)or(1105) are private builds with fixes for it.
It's a large jump from 4.0.5 to 4.0.7 (all phones will need upgraded)

I did like 3.1.65, it was one I felt was very solid, and have not had the confidence yet in any other as much as I did in 3.1.65

I would say if 3.1.65 has what you need, install it. There is no need to install any newer release than what does what you need it to do. If you have issues sometimes, well always Avaya will require you to upgrade to at least the oldest supported release if you want any help from them. SO that may cause you to have to upgrade, but if you get a good release that works for you, and you have no needs that are not covered by the release you have, NEVER UPGRADE, EVER UNLESS AVAYA MAKES YOU.

THERE IS NO BENEFIT OF ANY KIND TO UPGRADE TO ANY RELEASE UNLESS THERE IS A FEATURE NOT OFFERED WHICH YOU NEED IN THE NEWER RELEASE.

Most of the techs which I know personally, and would recomend do not look at what is the latest only to decide which release to install, as that is not really highly relevant. The latest in my experience has never been the greatest unless what you had was not working for you.

And what about our new rls 4.1?Did anybody install it?What about the bugs that included at 4.1 :)

I've installed the 4.1(9) today, it looked/tested ok.
Our customer uses SIP trunks over fibre.
The old 4.0 always had the xxxxxxx@sipprovider in the display but in the new 4.1 thats gone...:D
Also we use IPDect with the new 1.1.9.
The programming of our customer isn't very complex.

Greetzzz...Bas

I thought 1.0 was the best!!!!!!!!!

Jamie Green

ACA:Implement - IP Office
ACS:Implement - IP Office

Fooball is not a matter of life and death-It is far more important!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back