Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

What is the best tool to create an Access.exe for deployment?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JennyPeters

Programmer
Oct 29, 2001
US
I've been asked to create a deployment version of my AccessDB. Up until now, I've gone on location to install all the necessary files and references, but as the program is going to be used in locations I can not get to, what is the best way to package up this DB?

Thanks much,

Jenny

Jenny,

I am not an expert by any means, but I did the same thing by creating a VB module. I then had it launch to my users by placing it on the servers, then creating a script file to execute it when they logged on.

Its just a thought.

Good luck

JennW

Jenny:
The MOD (Microsoft Office Deelopers) Edition purchased separate has all of the tools to do your job PLUS more. It can be a little pricey, but if you have a large number of applications to deploy it is well the invenstment. As well you will have a RUN_TIME license so that each of your users will not have to own Office and you are not commiting piracy by loading your version on each workstation.

Thanks,

I will look into the MOD as you have mentioned.

Jenny

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back