Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

What is the best cost effective solution for credit card and checks ? 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

sibasis

Technical User
Mar 1, 2002
I was looking for information on what credit card and check processor to use to conform to the new CISP laws on our POS systems.

We currently use Authorizer and bank with FDMS north.

I was looking at PC Charge and found it to be a bit expensive allthough their product is really nice, but they charge 200+ per term ID.

I was looking at IC verify and paymentech.

Any suggestions?

CC Processors vary widely regionally. Make sure you check the contract terms closely. Some processors are worse than cell phone service providers with the contract lock-downs.

Authorizer, ICVERIFY, PCCharge are only software and not attached to any Processor. You do NOT need to switch software in order to switch processor. Look at discount rates, monthly fees, per transaction fees etc.

Find a processor and tell them that you are using Authorizer and check their fees. Any big time processor would work with any of the 3 software. Also some charge less if your software would go through the Internet (DSL) instead of dial up.

Thanks Guys,

I think I misled you in the post enilc, what I meant was software not attached to any processor, My processor is FDMS north.

Ecapia do you have any idea about how much ICverify charges per terminal ID, I know that pccharge charges around 200$ per term ID as we would have close to 800 terminal ID's that overshoots our budget. I am not very fond of authorizer :eek:), would you know any other software thats good and reliable.

thanks in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back