Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

What is the ACM equivalent feature?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sibuor

IS-IT--Management
Aug 19, 2010
KE
Hello,

I hope there are members here with dual lives - working with IP Office as well as ACM.
Coming from IP Office background, I am trying to find what is the equivalent of "global short codes" in the ACM (I mean those that are used such that I do not have to remember some long mobile numbers for contact persons. In IPO instead of dialing +12xxxxxxxxx, I can configure in IP Office a short number, NNNN that maps to this long number so that I do not have to remember the long number.

What is this feature called in the ACM and how do I administer it? I'd like to list those that are already configured and see if I can change, add, delete.

I am happy to be pointed to the documentation for this:)

It sounds like Abbreviated Dialing. There are several lists that can be administered: System, Group, Enhanced, & Personal.

Kevin

I looked at abbreviated dialing. However, much as I know there are such on my system, I could not get round to displaying a list of the current mappings. I was assuming they are "system" type.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back