Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

What is sent to an LSP when translations are saved?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tmgpbx

Technical User
Apr 5, 2004
US
I have been asked and can't really find an answer. Here is some logic:

An S87xx can have unlimited phone sets, 100's of trunks, etc. An S8300 can have a limited number of phone sets, and limited trunks, etc. So what is sent to the S8300? Is each LSP sent it's own translations based on the LSP info in the S87xx and the S87xx just houses all translations for each site?

Let me know, cause I know someone knows this of the top of their head.

T

It sends all of the translations. That is why your local trunks are last in the route patterns.

I thought that a S87xx had more capacity than a S83xx. How can all of the translations be sent, wouldn't the S83xx get errors if it went into LSP?

The translations are sent. The S8300 supports only the H.248 gateways which have it in the MGC List.

Normally this would restrict how much capacity it actually supports. An S8300 cannot support the G650 cabinets used with S8500 or S87xx.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back